Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
microRendu - Sound Quality observations and comparisons
I got my microRendu four days ago. Connection and setup was quick - I had sound in less than 10 minutes. Even from cold the mR sounded better than my old setup. Especially in the midrange and treble. Low noise, lots of detail and a darker character. So far the microRendu is performing beautifully. I already had very good sound from my setup. The Regen helped a lot here. I have used the first version of the Regen (also known as "green") I bought the new version of Regen, but it did not work as well in my system so I've not used it.
I expect the microRendu will be broken in soon so I can really find out how it sounds.

Context: LMS server on a Linux NUC, music folder NFS mounted from a ReadyNAS, squeezelite mode on the mR, iFi iPower 9V. Devialet amp hangs on a wall and I've made a 90 degree USB hard adapter for use with the Regen. All four conductors connected. This works well with the mR too.
I keep my 250 on 24/7 so I do not have a problem with microRendu 'loosing' the USB connection. I can produce it by changing inputs though. Jesus at Sonore has a fix for this coming soon, a workaround for Devialet's USB implementation.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: microRendu - Sound Quality observations and comparisons - by ogs - 03-Jun-2016, 09:54