Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Computer Audio system:Phantom/Dialog setup question
Hi folks,

I'm strongly considering replacing my aging CD-based hifi system with two white Phantoms and a Dialog later this year if an audition proves promising. (Apologies in advance if my questions sound silly but this will be my first adventure in computer audio and I'd like to maximize sound quality from the start.) 

I plan to run an ethernet connection from our router (Apple Time Capsule) upstairs to the Dialog downstairs where it and the Phantoms will live along side an iMac in the same downstairs room and serving as the system's sole wireless music source (4TB external HDD connected to this iMac via USB storing my ripped CDs using iTunes with files encoded in AIFF). 

Question #1: any suggestions to improve this minimalist setup from a hardware/sound quality perspective? 

Question #2: Does the Spark app switch off my internal iMac speakers so they don't "contaminate" the acoustic output from my Phantoms or turn off OS X's volume control so as not to degrade the digital signal sent to the Dialog? 

regards,

Dave

Messages In This Thread
First Computer Audio system:Phantom/Dialog setup question - by blackdogaudio - 22-May-2016, 23:26