Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audible dropouts when connecting turntable to phono input on Companion
Hi,
I recently sold away some of my old stuff and re-arranged my setup by having the master and slave next to each other, instead of above each other (on separate shelves, not directly on top). Due to this, my short signal cable from my turntable couldn't reach the master unit, so I enabled the linking of inputs from the slave unit instead of buying a new Kimber Select cable. However, I can hear some dropouts in the audio. They are very short and perhaps it's not even dead silent during the dropouts, but it's difficult to be certain. Since the old cable is too short, I can't try hooking it up to the master unit again, very easily. 

Have anyone else had similar problems?
I'm thinking that the 3.5 mm stereo cable, used for linking, can be defective. It's an old extension cable for a pair of long gone headphones. How does this link work anyway? Edit: I'm aware (or at least hoping) that it's not transmitting the audio signal from the slave to the master, only triggering the enabling of this feature.

Also, some other things seems to have changed when activating this linking of inputs; namely both displays show the dimmed "400" text when in standby mode and both display the active input and volume level, when I play music (except for the optical input, since I've set it to dim the displays, because it's connected to my TV). Before, only the master showed information on the display, except during powering on and off. I really don't get this...?!  Huh
Ken - a new Devialet fan, located in Sweden  Cool

Messages In This Thread
Audible dropouts when connecting turntable to phono input on Companion - by KenH - 30-Jun-2016, 14:45