Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frequency measurements with different inputs
(01-Oct-2014, 13:18)Confused Wrote:
(30-Sep-2014, 22:00)Divasson Wrote: I have done another test, using a very sophisticated spectrum analyzer: my ears.

I use the same. (Although my ears, not @Divasson's) However inaccurate they may be, they are after all the only thing that really matters.

Having said that, I would refer back to my earlier post and ask, does anyone know of a decent analyser software / microphone combination that they have actually used successfully with the Devialet / AIR?

I am thinking of playing with speaker positioning / room treatment to deal with some minor issues my own ears have detected, is there anything out there that might be useful? Or should I just stick with my trusty lug holes?

I have used both FuzzMeasure Pro and the Dirac Room Correction Suite on a Mac, both with the same MiniDSP U-MIK1 (calibrated). The results concur well, and - for what it's worth - don't show any sign of the comb filter behaviour Divasson is seeing (I was using exclusively Ethernet AIR in my tests).

I'd say having an analytical measurement method as an adjunct to your ears is very helpful. Just for example, you may be able to hear that something's not right without being able to say "there's a comb filter with a period of 2 kHz starting at 1 kHz". At least, I doubt I could say that just by listening!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Frequency measurements with different inputs - by thumb5 - 01-Oct-2014, 15:11