Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Od’A and now 1000 Pro and 120/200/400 Pro - an alternative view
(08-Jul-2016, 08:09)SwissBear Wrote: Given the circumstances, I would suggest that we grant a Copper Plated award to this post, dated 22-11-2015 :

(22-Nov-2015, 10:04)ozthepoz Wrote: Knowing Devialet, they would let you blow circa 25k gpb on this and then announce it as a free upgrade to everyone else a couple of months later!

The upgrade will not be free, but the blow to the image of the OdA still the same.
Great prediction ozthepoz. All OdA owners have been stupid enough to trust Devialet, ie not to read you with enough care Smile

Sorry, but I think this is a touch unfair. I agree that, with the benefit of hindsight, it was a misjudgement to launch an Od'A with a marketing fanfare saying that "a new audiophile icon is born" - only then to undermine that six months later. Probably poor planning and certainly poor marketing, exacerbated by one or more dealers probably breaching their NDAs, which is a big breach of trust.

Moving forward in these circumstances, Devialet has to consider carefully how to treat Od'A owners decently, along with recent and longstanding owners of 800s, particularly if they want to convert; and how to treat brand new Devialet owners of the 1000 Pro decently too.

Whatever they do, there will be complaints, absolute or relative, about timing, pricing, different approaches in different locations, dealer discounts, and so on.

We should just reflect on the fact that most manufacturers do not produce such groundbreaking products and do not offer upgrades. That Devialet do so should be welcomed - recognising that there will be irritations along the way which Devialet should plan for and address, I suggest, more proactively than has been the case in the past. 

But I do not regard myself, as an Od'A owner, as being stupid for trusting Devialet since I cannot consider that until I get the full picture as to the options and prices open to me.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England

Messages In This Thread
RE: Od’A and now 1000 Pro and 120/200/400 Pro - an alternative view - by IanG-UK - 08-Jul-2016, 13:21