Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optimisation of Audirvana for best sound quality
(19-Jul-2016, 11:26)BrianT Wrote:
(19-Jul-2016, 10:19)audio_engr Wrote: Hi Brian :

1. Definitely the walkthru for AIR needs to be a sticky !!

2. I was expecting the move to AQ Diamond ... but a ques here ... Why AQ Diamond ?  There are soooooo many nice digital cables out there ... I for one, am a big fan of XLO from the days of its founder Roger Skoff in the '90s. I would probably lean towards finding a Neutrik NA2MPMF (RCA female to XLR male) adapter and trying out the XLO digital cable off my CD transport in place of the stock Devialet one some time soon ... 

-- Arup

Aurp

No particular reason for looking at the AQ SP/DIF -AES/EBU cable, I just like AQ cables, especially the Diamond line as they are solid silver.
The only other SP/DIF -AES/EBU cable I would look at would be the Audience SX cable, but thats real $$$ around $1400.00 usd
I'm glad you managed to get both Audirvana and Air working the same day, that makes for a real good day   Cool

Brian

And a BIG thank you to you for making my day with the "ill-fated" AIR 3.0 .. and I managed to get both WiFi & ETH going ... 

Q :  Is AIR 3.0 beta really better than the earlier 2.1.3 ?
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US

Messages In This Thread
RE: Optimisation of Audirvana for best sound quality - by audio_engr - 19-Jul-2016, 12:38