Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet Setup with router and Windows 10
(20-Jul-2016, 01:38)Jimmy Giessler Wrote:
(19-Jul-2016, 00:08)misterpete Wrote: I have the same setup as you with a win10 machine served by a Synology NAS. Roon core is on the PC as is AIR. Does the Devialet show on the main Roon page as the audio device and have you set it to play using Wasapi? This may seem silly but you a re selecting the Ethernet input and not the WiFi?
If your problem is with AIR then it would not show as your player. Mine works fine but I can't alter any settings on the PC as the little black Devialet icon disappears if I click on it. Devialet are no help at all, all they will tell you is that at the moment they don't support Win 10.
I hope you get it to work, it's worth it!

yes I have set it up to play using wasapi.
I am selecting my Devialet  Air as my input in the roon
I'm not sure what you mean by selecting the ethernet input and not the WIFI. In my Devialet  configuration file I have configured Devialet  air to use a fixed IP address.
I have tried turning off DHCP.
Roon acts like it's playing a song – but there is no sound.

Have I understood you correctly – you are using Roon with Windows 10?
Are you using DHCP or fixed IP addresses?
is your amplifier connected directly to your PC or are you going through a router?

THANKS!
Jimmy

Hi Jimmy, sorry for the delay! In you configurator you have the choice of enabling Ethernet or WiFi, I just have Ethernet enabled with DHCP. Roon core is on the PC, my Music library is on the Synology. The PC , NAS and Devialet are all connected through a gigabit switch which in turn is connected to a router. If you can see the Devialet in your Roon audio settings the AIR is working properly. You can obviously access your library if Roon acts like it is playing and AIR must be configured if you can see The Devialet in Roon so quite frankly I am perplexed. It might be worth your while accessing the Roon forum, there are a lot of knowledgeable guys there. Good luck.
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet Setup with router and Windows 10 - by misterpete - 24-Jul-2016, 17:23