Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet Setup with router and Windows 10
(24-Jul-2016, 00:31)thumb5 Wrote: When the amplifier's running, it broadcasts a regular message on the local subnet which AIR uses to discover it.  So AIR doesn't need to know the amplifier's IP address in advance.

Actually, that might be a useful diagnostic: if your router has an activity LED for the port the Devialet's conneected to, it should be showing what looks like continuous traffic once the amplifier's switched on (actually 5 packets per second, if I remember correctly).  This should be the case whether or not AIR is running on the computer.

However, I expect the problem is more likely to be on the computer.  I know this sounds like a stalling suggestion, but have you tried un-installing and re-installing AIR?  If there is no sign of the icon in the system tray, it sounds like something is amiss.

thanks for the explanation. The routers LED for the amplifier is green. Not sure how to determine how much data is being passed through. I took a look at the performance tab on the task manager. Can't really tell much; nothing is being uploaded, 24 kb per second is being downloaded – from where I don't know. Kind of makes me wonder. :-)

I think you and Confused (the fellow with the next post) are absolutely correct. There must be a problem with my installation of Air. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it in the past. But I am getting no icon in my taskbar thingy. There's got to be a problem with my installation. I am going to give it a try again shortly.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet Setup with router and Windows 10 - by Jimmy Giessler - 24-Jul-2016, 19:43