Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Gold Delay (& strategic thoughts on the company overall)
Devialet has an almost incredible ability to over-promise and under-deliver.

I can't imagine they could do worse if they were trying.

-They announced that pre-orders for Devialet Gold would start July 1st (in several print magazines). NO ONE was expecting them (the leaks were all their own staff), so they didn't need to announce if they weren't ready.

-They they announced that product would start shipping by Bastille Day. They told US dealers to tell people the same.

-It's July 18th and the "Buy Now" still redirects to an email address collection.

-Dealer just told me that ship dates have moved to "end of the month" ship date, but neither of us actually believe it.

It's crazy. Why are they f'ing up their reputation for no good reason? 

There was NOTHING driving them to announce Gold (zero competitive pressure), and NOTHING driving them to be talking about Cocoon, White Stands, Gecko, or all the other stuff littering the website that you can't actually buy.

I've run product strategy for tech companies for two decades and I'm completely baffled by their decisions.

Best case scenario they froze their own product sales... people contemplating buying silver will wait for Gold and their sales go down.  Worst case scenario they burned even more credibility with existing customers and new alike.

What am I missing???

For a company that has such great technology, they seem to go out of their way to do damage. 

It's both baffling and infuriating. 

Do others feel differently??

Messages In This Thread
Devialet Gold Delay (& strategic thoughts on the company overall) - by dkoretz - 19-Jul-2016, 02:03