Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
MC22 removes whitenoise
I've no intention to start a discussion but I feel like I have something to share with you. Maybe you'll give this a try also and get as satisfied as I am at this moment.

I've always considered the SQ of Air to be a bit better as USB. But also in my setup white noise prevented me from using Air, I used USB (Audioquest) instead.

I always use(d) J River on my dedicated i5/4Gb WinTel laptop running Windows 10, a not-spectacular setup. I also run Fidelizer to disable all kinds of services/settings that are of no need for an audio server. Everything to drive my Devialet 400.

A few days ago I've upgraded my MC21 to MC22. MC22 has a new feature "Play from memory" (https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.p...c=105994.0). I've enabled this feature and ever since I play my D400s using Air (2.1.3 wired) without a drop or white noise. I've played a mix of music varying from 16/44.1 to 24/192 without a glitch.

When I look at the taskmanager I see zero I/Os except for the moment I select an other track/album. I'm not a Windows guru (zOS is my cup of tea) but no I/Os means less interrupts that the Windows OS has to handle which probably adds to the stability of Air.

Are there no cons? I've only noticed one though for me it's a small one. When you start/change a track/album it takes J River 2-3 seconds to populate the chosen music into memory. The time this takes is very dependent on your hardware, 2-3 seconds is a figure for my setup.

Kind regards,
Jan

Messages In This Thread
MC22 removes whitenoise - by Jantje BEton - 23-Jul-2016, 11:55
RE: MC22 removes whitenoise - by Axel - 23-Jul-2016, 15:41