Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet should upgrade FOC !!
After many deliberations, I decided to go for the Devialet & procured the Le 400 in late April 2016 after purchasing them from a dealer in Frankfurt & then, shipping them to Sierra Leone (West Africa) where I am currently stationed.

Pretty much the next 8 weeks went on to burn-in my ‘new’ B&W 802 D3 speakers along with the Le 400. So, I was just about to settle down upon completion of 1000 hrs burn-in that effectively bought huge gains in SQ from both the B&Ws & the Devialet.

As this is my 1st time with computer audio, I started experimenting WiFi vs. USB vs. Ethernet using AIR 2.1.3 on mac and we suddenly got the AIR 3.0 beta. I am yet to figure out what is extra in the 3.0 over 2.1.3 and ended up with a lot of teething issues …

Several forum members helped me sort out the issues and suddenly we land up with Devialet announcing the PRO models & the upgrades for non-PRO to PRO with exorbitant pricing. Now for a guy like me, its practically impossible for me to cart the Devialet 200 Master + 200 Companion in their original packings all the way to Frankfurt from West Africa and then pay € 6,000 for them to be PRO 440 and “hopefully” be able to stream music faithfully from Audirvana …

And soon, we see Firmware 10.0.2 update that does sound nice BUT creates a new set of fuss for streaming on AIR 3.0 or AIR 2.1.3 so much so that I’ve given up Ethernet & WiFi and just about doing good now with USB (irrespective of its minuses … whatever they’re over Ethernet) as I have no other option … many thanks to the brilliant engineers at Devialet !!

So – the essence of writing this post is not to complain but to understand from fellow members that “is it incorrect to ask Devialet that they should carryout a Free-of-cost upgrade to all purchasers post 1st April 2016 ?”

Lemme know your thoughts …   Smile
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US

Messages In This Thread
Devialet should upgrade FOC !! - by audio_engr - 02-Aug-2016, 15:14
RE: Devialet should upgrade FOC !! - by Pim - 03-Aug-2016, 08:59