Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Details of Devialet tone control system etc.
Sridar, bear in mind that (like many settings) the tone control settings for bass/treble can't be adjusted on the fly - they are setup via the configurator, downloaded to the computer, written to the sad card, and then inserted into amp.

There's no specific info about roll off etc as far as I'm aware. I use tone controls a lot while room corrections out of my chain, and I find it incredibly frustrating. For a digital hybrid amplifier with plenty of onboard dsp, the user is given practically zero useful access to be able to harness the power of the system. A 'Dirac-like' custom drawn EQ curve, or multiple parametric EQs - adjustable in real time - would have been a game changer but features like these are always rumoured and never surface!

Since you're technical, also note that you're locked out of modifying config files even though they're plain text. You always have to eject the sad card, configure online, download, write the card, re-insert, and let settings load.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Details of Devialet tone control system etc. - by Hifi_swlon - 05-Aug-2016, 23:05