Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Details of Devialet tone control system etc.
(10-Aug-2016, 01:32)LBameule Wrote:
(09-Aug-2016, 17:18)Les Anderson Wrote: Sounds good to me. I would mind not to attenaute the digital signal with the TacT and control volume via the Devialet.

I also believe I have read somewhere that if you send the corrections needed to Devialet, they will build you a correction curve that you can load onto your Devialet. This may allow for you to remove the TacT from the signal chain after your room has been measured.

I think this is no longer possible. Longer term Dev owners will surely chip in on this, but basically Devialet used to offer this service but doesn't anymore. Probably because it diatracted their engineers from AIR solving chores...

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Also, which is more sensible - giving customers a simple way to apply an EQ curve and attenuation themselves, or get them to send details to an engineer in PRis to do it and send it back to you!?

It's a shame they don't do it anymore, but realistically it's probably like a couple of days work to get EQ code into something like a Devialet (since it's based on it), maybe a couple of months max to test and add user interface, checks for clipping etc. I just can't fathom why it's not there.... the machine's built for it!

They've gone to the trouble of adding EQ, but with the most basic controls in the world, and never followed up with improvements. I guess they just got lost in a PR world of SAM so ignore proper EQ now. SAM makes a difference but to the average persons home I'd guess EQ would be much more beneficial - I know which I'd prefer!

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Details of Devialet tone control system etc. - by Hifi_swlon - 12-Aug-2016, 11:42