Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The amplifier being replaced by my D400
(10-Aug-2016, 12:32)GuillaumeB Wrote: Will certainly be interesting to see how the 400 compares. Although I don't doubt that the 400 will match the Krells in some areas I would have thought that the 800 would be a much better comparison, what with 800W into 6 ohms. 

Guillaume

Yes, you are correct. I agonized over getting the 800 vs. the 400. I would have liked to hear the 800 vs. the 400, but that was not possible as no one stocks both near me. I was lucky to hear the 400 thanks to Dusty bringing them over. I assume the 800 is a more powerful and refined version of the 400. I was contemplating a demo 800, but that sold before I could make an offer on it. New 800s are 2x the price I paid for my 400, so that was a factor as well. 

I'm also thinking that Devialet as a brand is just getting started, and it is highly likely that over the next couple of years, we are going to see a plethora of new models from them. So, I'm holding back for now from making too large an investment till I see what the coming year or two brings. I expect many of the current issues, like overheating and networking problems, to get resolved in future designs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The amplifier being replaced by my D400 - by srima - 10-Aug-2016, 14:19