Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade to 200->400 or add Aurender N100H?
Sam,
I had a D200. Loved it very much.  When I upgraded to D400, that was a BIG improvement over the D200, it's a Major improvement.  Then I upgraded from D400 to D800, the improvement was little.  Very little improvement that I can discern.

I had used an old Mac Mini for my music source.  When I put in a brand new MacMini 2016 version. Wow, the improvement is amazing. 

So here's my opinion.  D400 will give you much improvement in SQ. A new model MacMini is incredible for SQ.  I just use iTune or Roon fed through ethernet/usb.  I didn't rely much on Devialet Air to begin with.  If there's no ethernet connection, get a powerline adaptor which to send your signal through it.  

My Aurender will arrive next week, will tell you more if you wish to know.

Right now I have the option of playing music with my MacMini or with a Naim HDX.  The Naim has the edge in sound but it is also 10 times more costly.

Hope this helps.
 Deviate 800   /   PMC Fact 12  /  Clearaudio Concept MM   /  Aurender N100H   /  MacMini  Roon 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upgrade to 200->400 or add Aurender N100H? - by Giddy707 - 21-Aug-2016, 01:31