Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade to 200->400 or add Aurender N100H?
(29-Aug-2016, 00:56)sam1000 Wrote: Got the companion unit. Right off the bat, couple of things improved over D200. The bass is even more controlled and has an increased slam. The second thing was listening at lower volumes. I'm not sure why D200 is not as good at lower listening levels as D400. So far, very happy with the decision to go with D400 vs Aurender.

I believe power has an impact on sound quality at lower volumes. I don't know why from a technical point but it just does. Maybe a bit like a powerful engine at lower revs.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upgrade to 200->400 or add Aurender N100H? - by Pim - 29-Aug-2016, 05:38