Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small fingers + woofer dust caps on expensive speakers = ?
Big repair bill?

Ok it's all relative, but my Facts are expensive to me, and an unfortunate incident with a friends inquisitive child left me one woofer with a well dented dust cap. Doh.

If I was keeping them it wouldn't bother me as much and I'd probably try pulling it out and live with it, but since I'm selling them it's going to mean a trip back to Cassa PMC. Have already asked for a quote, but anyone know what we're talking - I'm assuming it's just cosmetic but even so is it the entire driver or they can remove and replace the cap?

Either way I'm bracing myself, I've never had a speaker repair but if it's anything like a car I'm sure it won't be favourably priced!

The poor little sod did call up to say sorry.... Hope it's not a home insurance job.

And there was me partly thinking I've got a few years before mine gets big enough to poke them and I need speakers with hard grilles!

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
Small fingers + woofer dust caps on expensive speakers = ? - by Hifi_swlon - 13-Aug-2016, 20:51