Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaker upgrade rather than pro
Hi fellas,
I ve decided to upgrade my speakers first then get a companion dev200 to my current one since my speakers are under the level of the dev200 imho.Seems to me more logical to go the speaker upgrade path than the pro.My source is macbookpro el capitan 2012,roon and roonserver, running air beta 3 "working fine" ; ) ; with tidal streaming.(my future plan is adding HQ player , i tried the 30 days trial and it s outstanding)
I ve been reading reviews quite often these days regarding full range speakers in the sub 8000$,and my choices were tightened to these models
1- olympica 2 (samed)
2-vandersteen treo cf
3- endeavor e3 mk2
4-joseph audio profile
5-sonus faber venere s(samed)
The models are less common but choosen according to reviews and design.
I m happy with my sound wich i feel sometimes lack some control, and some extension in the lower frequencies .( working out on some acoustic and new position);So i m looking for more bass control( tighter)wider soundstage,clarity, sense of 'being there' effect, more transparency as well.i like details and warm sound rather than dry.I ve heard only the olympica2 and i luv it( it was quick though), no possibility to hear the others .I like very much the olympica design , the venere s and joseph audio, then vandersteen ,at the end comes endeavor .what would you suggest and why ? Thks
Any other suggestion in the sub 8000$ more than welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread
Speaker upgrade rather than pro - by samsoum - 21-Aug-2016, 14:11
RE: Speaker upgrade rather than pro - by Damon - 24-Aug-2016, 00:57
Speaker upgrade rather than pro - by samsoum - 25-Aug-2016, 13:05
Speaker upgrade rather than pro - by samsoum - 25-Aug-2016, 13:30
RE: Speaker upgrade rather than pro - by FDPDK - 25-Aug-2016, 21:19
Speaker upgrade rather than pro - by samsoum - 26-Aug-2016, 05:08