Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonos Connect -> Room Correction (?) -> Phantom Golds
Hi All,

Since 1 week I have 2 phantom golds, dialog, tree and remote.

Don't like Spark at all so I put a Sonos Connect in the chain via optical on one of the phantoms (dialog is a no go till they fix the crackling noise...).

Works like a charm (you can put the volume to fixed in the Sonos ios app and still control volume with Spark or remote).  Sonos ios app is, for now, in a different kind of league then Spark.

This setup gives me the opportunity to put a (hardware) room correction in the chain as well.

In doubt between a Dirac DDRC22D or Anti-Mode 2.0.

The Dirac needs a pc for (one time) setup but seems to be a more advanced room correction solution. No auto setup.  You have to buy a specific version depending on your needs.  In this setup optical in/out so obliged to buy 22D (will never be able to use the Dirac for rca sources in another system).

The Anti-Mode is a standalone unit (no pc needed) and can run auto equalisation.  However, I don't need the dac/pre amp which is part of the box.  You can connect multiple sources...digital/rca.

Feel free to share your experience or advice to help me choose Smile

Messages In This Thread
Sonos Connect -> Room Correction (?) -> Phantom Golds - by PhenixS1970 - 03-Sep-2016, 10:23