Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First 220Pros are arriving in dealers
(12-Sep-2016, 18:47)egg1dog Wrote: I predict we will start to read various reviews telling us the 220 blows the 200 out of the water and the 440 is light years ahead of the 400. I will make no predictions until i hear the 440 over the 400 myselfWhether its worth the £££ to upgrade will be a personal choice. I actually recently demoed a 250 against a 200 and preferred the 200 by a long way so paying more doesn't always give you the result you are after. The d400 is certainly no slouch !

Very interesting.   Can you expand on what you heard with the 250 vs the 200?   I understand it's hard to be specific but the devil's in the details and what works for one person, system or room might be altogether different for someone/somewhere else.    

But fundamentally, it is the problem with agreeing to buy an upgrade without actually hearing it first.   I wouldn't have bought the 200 without first hearing it, so I'm quite hesitant to do so for the upgrade.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: First 220Pros are arriving in dealers - by mdconnelly - 12-Sep-2016, 20:12