Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Customer Support Is Abysmal
I have an issue where my D400's go into standby mode after only moments of operation.  I called US Support (Quincy) and emailed my configurations along with a detailed description of the problem.  I followed up with additional documentation on various things I tried to solve the problem, but the shutdowns are repeatable and consistent.

My original phone call and document submission was on August 15th!!  I have sent emails and called repeatedly for an update or things I should simply try, and the only response I have gotten is that I need to be patient.  This coming Monday will be 4 weeks without a response!!  And Quincy has directed me to keep the units off to prevent possible damage.  This is simply unacceptable and I am at my wits end!  I even called France this morning, twice, and after a long hold could only leave a voice mail twice.

I have been in this hobby since the early 80's, and have owned or currently own equipment from Counterpoint, Aragon, Krell, Lampizator, Ayre, Aesthetix, Meridian, NAD, NuPrime, Auralic, Oppo, Pioneer, B&O, REL, Martin-Logan, Vandersteen, Magnepan, Shunyata, and probably a few more I've forgotten.  I have been very fortunate and never experienced problems with any of my gear, but have had many configuration, connection and tube rolling questions.  Every company I have called was able to resolve my issues with that initial phone call.  In fact, if you call Auralic, Ayre, Aesthetix, NuPrime, Vandersteen, Shunyata or Magnepan, it is highly likely you will speak to the owner/designer of the company.

UPDATE...as I was writing this I received a call from Devialet in the US.  My phone calls to France were immediately transferred.  Kudos!  I will keep you posted, and hope all of you have a much better experience than mine.

Happy Listening!

Messages In This Thread
Devialet Customer Support Is Abysmal - by koto7 - 08-Sep-2016, 16:43