Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonos Connect - Return on experience
Ah, Mr Thumb,

You are likely correct; I am being hard on the Sonos, and likely grumpier than may be warranted. Perhaps a '6' is very 'old man' of me. It really does do a good job of things generally and I absolutely do appreciate that. But... all that stuff I said before. Also, it doesn't seem to get artwork from iTunes very consistently. But you are correct that we stream from Deezer Elite mostly and the interface is better when navigating the iTunes library.

I will also say that it is remarkably easy to add an additional Sonos component to an existing set up. It could be as simple as three taps on a phone. Even my mother could likely do it. As I have said before, I use the Connect and an amp; that duplicates some of the functions as both units could function individually, but I do run another pair of speakers off the Amp. And that the Sonos does very well. I bought mine from a bricks 'n mortar store, and didn't feel I had the latitude to return it. And I fully admit it solved the second set of speakers problem.

Ok Ok, I'll go to a '7' and if bribed, to an '8'.

I might even consider the W4S upgrade as I recall several other posts here of members who feel that upgrade, among others and the Re-clocker, are worthwhile upgrades.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sonos Connect - Return on experience - by Damon - 13-Sep-2016, 02:41