Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon Echo + Devialet Phantom = AMAZING!
Okay, so I spent a little time this morning making all my home automation dreams come true Smile

I can now control my entire home Devialet Phantom system and Spotify purely by voice.

The Amazon Echo won't work (it will only use it's internal speaker), but it's smaller sibling will. The current $89 echo dot, or even better, the new $49 Echo Dot (releasing October 20th) let's you connect to an external bluetooth speaker to drive audio. I was able to connect my Dot via Bluetooth very easily, and using Spotify Connect, I can now play, pause, change songs, select playlists, etc. purely by voice.

I'm working on a better way to do volume (thinking I might be able to raise the volume to 70 or so in Spark, and then give myself flexibility to raise/lower through the Echo Dot.

I tested the long range microphones and am able to speak at a regular voice anywhere in the rooms I've tried. I ordered two more to blanket the whole house, so I can walk around speaking to the Phantom Smile

BTW, if you haven't tried Amazon Echo, it's badass. Get weather, calendar, and thousands of other things by voice.

I don't know why this makes me so happy... but it definitely does   Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
Amazon Echo + Devialet Phantom = AMAZING! - by dkoretz - 17-Sep-2016, 16:35