Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet, Roon and Antipodes
(07-Oct-2016, 09:02)octaviars Wrote:
(07-Oct-2016, 08:35)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(06-Oct-2016, 17:23)IanG-UK Wrote: My Antipodes DX has now become an Antipodes DX 2 and is up and running.

Of course, it's pretty well impossible to say whether DX 2 sounds better than DX, though I suspect there might have been a sense of disappointment if it sounded worse - which I think it does not!

The original DX used the Vortexbox GUI with the music playback solution using SqueezeBox Server.

The new DX 2 uses the Antipodes GUI with a choice of eight music playback solutions including Squeezebox Server/Squeezelite and RoonServer/RoonReady.

Upgrade work is done by Vortexbox in the UK, which is run by Martin Smith, based in Tunbridge Wells. His customer service is really fantastic as is his knowledge of the system and all the facilities on it. Highly recommended.

Hi Ian sounds like it's time to give Roon a spin  Wink

Guillaume

Once you go Roon there is no turning back.....I dont regret buying a lifetime Roon for one second Smile

Lifetimer here also (and that's before I get my DS). Integration with Tidal is +++, if only they could add Spotify, Qobuz, etc., then they really would open up a far bigggggger market.
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)

Messages In This Thread
Devialet, Roon and Antipodes - by IanG-UK - 21-Sep-2016, 21:03
RE: Devialet, Roon and Antipodes - by gray - 22-Sep-2016, 05:56
RE: Devialet, Roon and Antipodes - by IanG-UK - 06-Oct-2016, 17:23
RE: Devialet, Roon and Antipodes - by Celts88 - 07-Oct-2016, 12:59
RE: Devialet, Roon and Antipodes - by Celts88 - 07-Oct-2016, 05:14
RE: Devialet, Roon and Antipodes - by ThiemJ - 07-Oct-2016, 07:50