Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NAIM just released new UNITI family
I briefly checked in on the Naim forum and folks  there seem to be generally impressed. My take on it is that this new range of models signals a shift in the compositionm or structure, of the all-in-one line up for Naim. It seems as though they are establishing a line of 'Pro' products; the 2XX, 3XX, 5XX products, and the new 'lifestyle' (barf) products that are analogue and digital composites, and packaged in fully integrated boxes.

In the next few weeks or months I'll be looking at the Naim forum for a new generation of threads about connectivity problems. Or,  more threads about the same connectivity problems. Yes, I admit it; my own bunch of sour grapes. But what if you bought a SuperUniti two months ago... would you now scream for an upgrade option, or some financial or trade-in compensation?

My fondness for Naim remains, but Devialet eclipses it in every way... even with the comical oddities of communication, schedules and firmware versions. I like black, but once you have chrome, you never go back..... (just made that up, but copyright reserved)
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: NAIM just released new UNITI family - by Damon - 07-Oct-2016, 05:11