Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows Server 2012 R2 + Audiophile Optimizer
Hey guys,

Some of you are already using Windows Server 2012 R2 with Phil's Audiophile Optimizer software as a basis for your music server and others may have heard of it. For those that haven't and may be interested check out http://www.highend-audiopc.com

Last week version 1.30 was released and since I bought 1.26 after august 1st I was entitled to a free upgrade.

Earlier I was disappointed to find out that the AIR software isn't compatible with Windows 2012 R2 core mode (this is the leanest mode Server 2012 can run it with the least number of running processes, drivers and services and no GUI).

Today I tried AIR in Core mode again and also tried to run Windows 8 compatibility mode. All seemed fine until I tried to play a song, then AIR crashed. But while configuring MC20 I also noticed the ASIO output for the Devialet USB input being available and this one does work in Core mode! Smile

Now, just when I thought I finished my music server setup this opens new possibilities a lot of people on the Computer Audiophile Forum and JPlay forum rave about like installing a separately powered SoTM, PPA Audio or JCAT audiophile USB interface card... Tongue

Did anyone already find out USB works and compare it to AIR? If not, and if possible please do and share your experiences. Smile I will also compare this solution to the battery powered Cubox USB solution written about somewhere else on this forum. It's too bad that quick A/B/A'ing ASIO USB and AIR ethernet is impossible and you'd have to switch back to minimal server mode again, rerun AO but I will try to do it from memory and/or switch back sometime later. Also I'm comparing a Audioquest Carbon USB cable with a Audioquest Diamond ethernet one so this makes it a bit less conclusive as well.

Best regards,

Antoine.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
Windows Server 2012 R2 + Audiophile Optimizer - by Antoine - 06-Oct-2014, 18:12