Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Silver Phantoms one year later
After one year and a couple of months with my pair of silver phantoms, I just want to state they have been one of the best purchases I've made in my life. They are not perfect, they have their flaws, notably software flaws, limited flexibility in some departments, a bit of decoloration of the white near the tweeters, too many reconfigurations needed, etc, ... but when it comes to sound quality I am so very very happy with them. 

There was a huge hype one year back and a lot of talk about what the phantoms could do in comparison with much more expensive equipment. I think this discussion is over now. To get better sound than the phantoms you need to spend over 20.000 euros or way more. This is something most of the hifi dealers I've talked to agree with now  without hesitation. 

This past week-end there's been a hifi fair in my home town. And I've had the chance of auditioning much more expensive configurations. I can say a few at the 30.000+ euros price point or even way beyond (one at least)  sounded clearly worst than my phantoms. 

I am not sure what the gold phantoms would add in terms of refinement and overall sound quality, but I think I will stick with my silvers for a while. They deserve it. I have enjoyed them so much in the past 14 months. Devialet seems to me is the only company presently equipped to keep innovating disruptively in the hifi space. Well done!

Messages In This Thread
My Silver Phantoms one year later - by peramos - 17-Oct-2016, 22:53