Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No EU countries & VAT charged on upgrade
(22-Oct-2016, 23:06)audio_engr Wrote: heck .. you guys are outright quibbling about Duty-on-duty @ 6.5% whilst I am also contemplating the 400 > 440Pro upgrade but am currently in a country where the customs duties are 95% ...    Sad

p.s. thank God my job/employer allowed me a free-of-duty allowance for the first 6-months wherein the devialets came in ...

(24-Oct-2016, 06:16)jjmouse Wrote: Im a owner of 250 Pro and live in Hong Kong(no VAT), i have placed the upgrade thru dealer in UK, there has no charges for VAT.

jjmouse

The 20% VATis already in the upgrade price not an add on like duty or sales tax.
Please make sure you ship directly to Devialet and not to the dealer in England
as i have had confirmation that Devialet pay all the incoming duty and taxes, if the D250
is shipped to the dealer and then to you, you will be liable for the duty and taxes when it enters Hong Kong.
A copy of an Email I got from Devialet today.

Hi Brian,

Sorry for the delayed response, 
As per Deivalet, customers will pay VAT on the website and then Devialet Inc or Devialet SA pays the D&T while crossing the borders. 
I hope this answers your questions, 
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

Messages In This Thread
RE: No EU countries & VAT charged on upgrade - by BrianT - 24-Oct-2016, 23:00