Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade D250 to 250Pro or jump to 440Pro
As a D250 owner who would unabashedly and confidently recommend this integrated to anyone, I was not really prepared to have to face the upgrade decision to the 250Pro.

Faced with the timed offer, I considered the 3 options I might have in front of me. 

1) Don't upgrade, really happy with what I have.
2) Upgrade to the 250Pro at the full upgrade price, (got my D250 in November last year).
3) Ask Devialet about an incentive to upgrade to 440Pro.

Like many, I sucking in every word those that have made the move and are most appreciatively, submitting their experiences, has been my main feeder to hopefully make a decision in the near future. 

1) I do not need to upgrade and would be totally happy to stay with what I have. It is matched with speakers that are fast, clear and non-fatiguing. I feel going this route potentially lowers my future system value. Bigger question is what I am missing in not doing the upgrade. My 92db speakers are at best, driven to -12 to -14 when a party is in full swing, windows rattling, dance floor filled,normally like now, -27.5 listening to Radio Paradise as I write this query.

2) I can afford the upgrade, it was not planned for, but doable. No risk to keeping at least some value to the 250Pro as the 220 delivers almost the same WATTS but with out the wonderfully extra weight of the volume control and design of the 250 chassis.

3) Take the dive and upgrade for-ever, go with the 440Pro. Users who have upgraded seem unanimous that it is well worth the upgrade. I just need Devialet to respond to numerous requests for a price to upgrade if there is a route.

I am posting this quandary I am in as I wonder if any others have been in similar and have taken one route or the other. Have they been successful in negotiating a "deal" with Devialet which made the upgrade a no brainer, (going to the 440pro specifically).

Lastly, I had filled out the upgrade form to the 250Pro and then stopped while I pondered this range of options. I received an email next day, from Judith at Devialet; was there any questions about the upgrade and why did I not complete the form. I responded last Friday with exactly the same question as in item 3 above, how much to upgrade to 440Pro, do you have a program I could take advantage of.

Unfortunately, no response so far but in the meantime as I resend the request looking for some response from Devialet, thought, perhaps, submit the same query to the folks on the Chat, as I have high confidence and respect for the opinions shared on the forum.

Thanks in advance.

Bob
250 Pro Master, Siltech Anniversary Silver Interconnects and Speakers cables, LINN Majik Streamer, Arcam D37 SACD, Mac-mini with Kazoo, JRiver and tested Roon, Speakers, custom build, SEA Exotics, Chord Hugo, HifiMan H1000's. (home is Vancouver, Canada)

Messages In This Thread
Upgrade D250 to 250Pro or jump to 440Pro - by boba2013 - 26-Oct-2016, 02:31