Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade D250 to 250Pro or jump to 440Pro
I don't have an answer to your situation but I think I got one for mine as I was reading yours. Strange because what I was thinking doesn't have anything to do with what you wrote specifically; it just made me think about my situation again.

When I saw the offer to buy the Od'A I looked on Audiogon what my D200 would be worth. They were selling for about US$7,000.-
I bought my D200 when the Australian dollar was quite high and now it's lower to the greenback, at US$7,000.- I would basically not loose much on selling the D200.
Now, with the upgradability of the D120 to D220Pro status, the D200 price has dropped to US$5,000.- on Audiogon. And whoever buys one for that money is crazy because for a bit more you can get a second hand D120 plus the upgrade to D220.

So what to do? There are a few questions to answer.

1. The first one is easy and answered already; I want to keep my D200 until after the Od'A upgrade to Pro status so I won't be without an amp. So I'm not going to sell yet.

2. If I upgrade, would I be able to sell my D220 and make up for the upgrade cost? In my mind that depends on whether or not Devialet will keep their 'promise' that the upgrade window really is until the end of this year.

If they keep the window open, the cheapest way to get a D220Pro is to buy a second hand D120 and upgrade. But then I still have the option to have a look at the market and upgrade later IF it looks like a D220Pro will fetch a bit more money.

If they close the window, the D200 will again be just a D200 and it can't be changed. The 'threat' of the D120 plus upgrade will be gone. That could (Would? Should?) increase the second hand value because to get a D220Pro will cost much more. How much more I can't tell, because in Australia there are no prices set yet. Sad And THAT is the unknown at this moment.
And then there's the question of how good the D130Pro will be. If it is really good, that again will devalue the D200.

So the answer to all these questions made me decide not to upgrade and sell some time next year as a D200. Or maybe upgrade anyway and keep it for the toilet. How cool would that be? Swing it out! Literally! Big Grin

Sorry I hijacked your thread Boba. And thanks for 'helping' me with my problem.

Cheers,

Pim
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upgrade D250 to 250Pro or jump to 440Pro - by Pim - 26-Oct-2016, 06:10