Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade D250 to 250Pro or jump to 440Pro
I totally missed the link they send you for your ticket number and link. 

With this forum's guidance, I clicked, signed in low and behold, the Devialet email system! Found out that each of my emails to them had been responded to quickly and efficiently. Actually emailed a compliment on the responders responsiveness.

There is no way to upgrade from a D250 to a D440Pro so that option is off the table.

Sebastien at Devialet suggested the following which introduced a replacement consideration.
  • Thanks for your email. That choice is really personnal. both options will fit a different needs.
    • If you select the option to upgrade to a 250 Pro, you will get access to the streaming board which will bring you additional streaming possibility somewhere around mid-2017. If this is the way you are consumming music, it will be a very important step forward.
    • If you select to add second D250, your system will move to a DUAL Mono setup, with all additional connectivity this might add in your system, the drop to the strict minimum in terms of distortion. Two D 250 will be set as a D 800. Currently some second hand D250 are available on market for customer/dealer who are looking to move with a brand new unit on the Pro range, a short visit on hifi forum in the web or any second hand portal could give you a complete view on the price.
    Because this is a very personal choice, my best suggestion will be for you to make a visit to your closest dealer in order to hear a D800 or a D250 Pro, immediate decision will probably to move to a D800 but keep in mind option you will have with the streaming board.My tips, if you have no interest on wireless streaming with your amp, or if Devialet Air is currently fitting your needs, a second unit D250 is a great move and probably the best option.
So, I am still faced with 3 options: 

1) Don't upgrade
2) Upgrade to 250 Pro
3) Add second D250 for D800 , ( I already have streaming delivered via LINN Streamer).

Hmmm, time to go listen to a 250Pro and hopefully a D800 if possible.

Cheers

Bob
250 Pro Master, Siltech Anniversary Silver Interconnects and Speakers cables, LINN Majik Streamer, Arcam D37 SACD, Mac-mini with Kazoo, JRiver and tested Roon, Speakers, custom build, SEA Exotics, Chord Hugo, HifiMan H1000's. (home is Vancouver, Canada)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upgrade D250 to 250Pro or jump to 440Pro - by boba2013 - 26-Oct-2016, 22:28