Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Devialet be for me?
Hi all,
first post on this forum (I'm a long-term member of other UK 'hifi' & A/V forums).
Started a bit of reading through the huge number of threads on here the other day.

I'm after a bit of help and advice on devialet products. i.e. would/could they be suitable for me and if yes which model/s should I consider. With a max budget of £7K

To be honest I know NOTHING about the devialet products. Never heard one in action nor ever seen one in the flesh. I know this is something I will definitely need to do, if I chose to go down this route. With this forum being so large for a single brand its going to take me some hours of reading..

Looking at possibly consolidating my current hifi system (which is used for both 2 channel music and A/V duties, I'd say about 50/50 music & A/V). In a nut shell I'm thinking about possibly getting a one box solution that is both smaller in size and 'lighter'....my amp alone is 50Kg. However which is equal to or 'better' in performance than my current system.

My current 'audio' system comprises of: Wadia 381i (which I use direct to amp) + Audio Analogue power amp http://www.audioanalogue.com/en/maestro-...-amplifier + Wilson Benesch Vector loud speakers.

For A/V audio I feed the Wadia the digital out signals from both a Sky HD box and BD Player. I have only a projector in the living room, thus all A/V audio is performed by my current 2 channel system (had 5.1 some time ago + separate 2 channel music system and gradually scaled down the mass number of speakers and gear in the living room).
I currently don't stream anything, however on the odd occasion will connect up my laptop or phone (via a standalone Wadia dock) to my Wadia 381. Being able to stream isn't currently high on my list.
I am not looking to change the speakers.

Firstly are there many of you guys whom use your Devialet/s for both 2 channel music and A/V. If yes how well do they perform particularly on the A/V side of things.
Secondly which models should I possibly consider? New & Used. I already know that if new the max spec in budget would be the 220pro. Seen a few used/ex-dem 250's around the 220pro price range. After a recent issue I had, I'd like to buy from a 'dealer' who will provide suitable support and warranty.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Messages In This Thread
Could Devialet be for me? - by daz-b - 08-Nov-2016, 14:37
RE: Could Devialet be for me? - by Hifi_swlon - 08-Nov-2016, 20:59
RE: Could Devialet be for me? - by mdconnelly - 08-Nov-2016, 22:19
RE: Could Devialet be for me? - by daz-b - 09-Nov-2016, 12:40
RE: Could Devialet be for me? - by Confused - 09-Nov-2016, 14:15
RE: Could Devialet be for me? - by daz-b - 10-Nov-2016, 12:34
RE: Could Devialet be for me? - by Confused - 10-Nov-2016, 14:16
RE: Could Devialet be for me? - by Antoine - 10-Nov-2016, 13:53
RE: Could Devialet be for me? - by daz-b - 11-Nov-2016, 19:50
RE: Could Devialet be for me? - by Woodman - 02-Mar-2017, 22:57