Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intel NUC Music Server
I did, it's JRiver's Linux based NUC solution.

From what I've read there seems to be consensus that a Server 2012 R2/AO/JRiver/JPlay setup offers better sound than any other Mac or Linux based solution so I chose that path. The JRiver ID is a lot more 'cost effective' of course but the JRiver company is of the 'bits are bits, bit-perfect is bit-perfect school' and seeing (plus experiencing) all the improvements that can be made through hard- and software optimizations I personally would never buy the ID because of that. But most important for me is the sound quality and musical enjoyment and I don't mind (actually like) the efforts put into tweaking. To each his own! Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
Intel NUC Music Server - by Andre737 - 15-Oct-2014, 23:05
RE: Intel NUC Music Server - by Antoine - 16-Oct-2014, 14:16
RE: Intel NUC Music Server - by rwjr44 - 16-Oct-2014, 14:22
RE: Intel NUC Music Server - by Antoine - 16-Oct-2014, 14:37
RE: Intel NUC Music Server - by Georgethesixth - 16-Oct-2014, 18:42
RE: Intel NUC Music Server - by Andre737 - 17-Oct-2014, 14:19