Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iTunes AirPlay Running at 48kHz with 16/44.1 material
(20-Nov-2016, 11:49)canyelles Wrote: Despite what the experts on CA say, I believe Airplay converts everything to 48.

The 2nd and 3rd generation Apple TVs only output 48 via the optical output (The 4th doesn't have an optical output)

This fact is buried on the technical specs here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_TV

I think it is possible the 1st generation Apple TV at 44.1 but I never had one of them.

I also wondered if this was the case, I am aware of the Apple TV issues and in general Apple do not have the best track record with stuff like this.  However, Jesus has confirmed that he gets 44.1kHz using AirPlay and mR Shareport.  I am presuming this is from a Mac, so I think there is something a little more subtle going on here.

There is also the strange issue of the fact that a couple of month back I too got 44.1 via Windows iTunes AirPlay, somehow the issue had magically fixed itself.  It was only recently I tried using again, checked, and found the issue had unfixed itself!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: iTunes AirPlay Running at 48kHz with 16/44.1 material - by Confused - 20-Nov-2016, 12:05