Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phono setting in configurator for Benz Ebony L
You need a touch of headroom above the output voltage.  Cartridge output voltages tend to be averages at a particular mid range frequency, so go a touch higher and check you are not getting any clipping.  The tablet app is good for checking the clipping as you get an orange flashing light if it happens.

So in the Configurator MC settings I would start at about 300uV.  It looks like you know what you want for the resistance, so go with what you know and start at 750 ohms.  Keep the pF at zero.

Another tip, you can check the cartridge output levels on the Devialet display.  Just scroll through the various screens showing firmware versions, temperatures, settings, and eventually you come to some level meters.  These serve as a good check, and look good too!

From my experience, with the cartridge output set to 300uV you will get hiss more or less as you describe.  Unfortunate and slightly annoying, but I am happy to say I never notice it when actually playing a record.

Oh, and welcome to the world of Devialet Chat! Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phono setting in configurator for Benz Ebony L - by Confused - 20-Nov-2016, 20:10