Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phono setting in configurator for Benz Ebony L
(20-Nov-2016, 22:22)JoeW Wrote:
(20-Nov-2016, 18:45)runforfree69 Wrote: Apologies re photo i'll try again shortly.

Pushed in the SD card and the unit told me it had updated configurations, so that's all good.

The phono input, at 0db i'm having a fair amount of hiss, at 11db it's noisy, at -10db it's silent. Any ideas?

My PS audio nu wave phono was silent into line 1.

Thanks.
I'm running Benz Ruby and at normal listening levels -35db to -15db depending on source it is quiet but at much higher levels I begin to hear hiss. But at those higher levels it would start to cause plaster in my listening room to break!

Hi JoeW,

Similar to my experience. I swapped the standard power cord over to Cardas Golden Reference and it's helped a good bit but it's still way noisier than the DPremier I had before.

I'll investigate further, don't mean to perturb you but both of us should be able to get well into +db's with minimal noise. A Marantz with onboard phono I have can be 3/4 round the volume setting with the same gain settings and be silent unless my ear's close to the speaker drivers.
Feickert Blackbird, AO pu7, Benz ebony L, Graham Phantom, Koetsu Rosewood sig', Tom Evans SRX, Apple MacAir, D Premier. Kef blades. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phono setting in configurator for Benz Ebony L - by runforfree69 - 20-Nov-2016, 23:18