Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the consequences for not upgrading to pro?
I went for the Pro purely on the basis of what it offered with respect to improved sound quality. If the streamer board or any currently unknown features prove to be useful to me in the future, this will be a bonus. It has to be said that the relative cost of going Pro from a D800 is a lot lower than from a D200, so a very careful audition or home evaluation would be required to establish if sound quality alone is worth the money.

Personally, I would not upgrade based on the promise of as yet unknown future features, I would upgrade based only on what is available and verifiable now. In effect you have the option to upgrade at any time. Why not wait a year? Sit back and enjoy the D200. If at some time in the future there is some new feature on the Pro that you feel you would like, sell or PX your D200 for a new or second-hand Pro, get the best deal you can. This would most likely cost no more than the upgrade now, and at least you would be spending your cash knowing for certain what you are getting.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are the consequences for not upgrading to pro? - by Confused - 22-Nov-2016, 14:19