Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your preferred streaming method
(20-Oct-2014, 14:08)Mikeeo Wrote: Hi,

For what its worth. I 'stream' with my Unitiserve ie BNC out to digital 2 (RCA) in.
The little I compared before Uinitiserve had me choose the Naim instead of a pc/mac based system hooked on ethernet/usb. However of late I had a chance to listen to both Moon Mind 180 and Auralic Aries which booth sounds great between stream and Devialet. Also gives the option of running AES/EBU into the Devialet. I am now considering an Aries.

/Mike

Hi Mikeeo,

it might be worth your re-visiting AIR before you go down the streamer route. When Guillaume and Rufus compared the Totaldac D1 Server, Audirvana+/AIR, and the Aries. They rated them in that order - Totaldac first then AIR then Aries. They tried the MiND as well but I'm not sure how they rated that in the end compared to A+/AIR? With the Aries they preferred USB to AES/EBU.

Source Comparson

I'm still dithering about what to replace my iMac with. It sounds pretty good with AIR and in many ways I prefer it to my Naim NDX (via coax). I want Qobuz integration and the capability to stream hi-res rips from the same platform and control the streaming from an iPad. The Aries can do this but I don't really want to go down that path if it doesn't sound as good as what I have now Undecided

Good luck! Philip
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is your preferred streaming method - by PhilP - 20-Oct-2014, 14:36