Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
R U STILL AMAZED BY YOUR SOUND SYSTEM????
I have been thrilled with my Vivid Audio Giya G1's and twin devialet d premiers .. but it is time to upgrade.
vivid have a new flagship Giya , the G1 spirit which I get next Friday
vivid are allowing me to run both sets in my room for a month .. if I like the spirits I keep them and they trade my G1's in , or they take the spirits back..
Once I have decided which way to go , I'm going to upgrade my Dprems to 2x 250pros for a 1000pro type system
Im on a quest..my next eargasm has to be better than my last.. decided to splurge..

I can assure you that the issues you are having with the sabrinas will be setup and room issues
If you want to get the best out of them , you need a multipronged approach

No 1 .. speaker and chair positioning .. chair way more important .. you need to sit in an area that isnt a bass node or suckout .. room dictates more to where they are than speaker placement ... hence chair positioning priority
Lost more to tweak there , tilt , toe in , distances etc....

no2 .. room treatment .. best bang for the buck.. corner bass traps and some first reflection absorption/diffusion are bare minimum.. but fixing the room is VITAL

No 3 run a DSP room correction package like DIRAC .. best if you have done no 1 and 2 .. but works quite well all on its own
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room

Messages In This Thread
RE: R U STILL AMAZED BY YOUR SOUND SYSTEM???? - by Rodney Gold - 15-Apr-2017, 13:32