Poll: How do you like the sound quality of your Pro (newly upgraded from expert)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
60.47%
78 60.47%
Yes, with caveats
6.20%
8 6.20%
No!
0.78%
1 0.78%
No, with caveats
0.78%
1 0.78%
N/A. I upgraded for reasons other than sound quality.
0.78%
1 0.78%
I did not upgrade and don't plan to
31.01%
40 31.01%
Total 129 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Do you like the sound quality of the Expert Pro upgrade?
(03-Dec-2016, 15:57)Confused Wrote:
(03-Dec-2016, 10:06)thumb5 Wrote: I am very happy with the upgrade, in all respects -- especially the service provided by Oxford Audio Consultants, to give them a bit of a plug.  However I can understand why anyone whose system was already in danger of sounding a bit "edgy" might find the sound of the Pros pushes it too far in that direction.

An interesting comment!  I have just finished trying my system with and without the UptoneAudio LPS-1 powering the microRendu.  One way I could describe the influence of the LPS-1 is removing 'edginess'.  Not removing detail, far from it, but removing something that is just very slightly disconcerting.  I recall auditioning the 1000 Pro with the Aurender N10 at Oxford audio, this was a superb combination.  I like the Aurender very much, and I would say this is one source component that excels in lacking what you might call 'edginess'.   I am actually beginning to think that one aspect of the Pro is that even more than the Expert, it benefits for a decent source.

Edit: I would also like to add that the service I received from Oxford Audio was also absolutely first class.  It's worth mentioning I think, as there have been one or two posts recently from folk who have received shockingly bad service from their dealers.  Clearly not all dealers are the same.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll: Do you like the sound quality of the Expert Pro upgrade? - by chippyguy - 13-Dec-2016, 23:52