Poll: How do you like the sound quality of your Pro (newly upgraded from expert)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
60.47%
78 60.47%
Yes, with caveats
6.20%
8 6.20%
No!
0.78%
1 0.78%
No, with caveats
0.78%
1 0.78%
N/A. I upgraded for reasons other than sound quality.
0.78%
1 0.78%
I did not upgrade and don't plan to
31.01%
40 31.01%
Total 129 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Do you like the sound quality of the Expert Pro upgrade?
(13-Dec-2016, 23:52)chippyguy Wrote:
(03-Dec-2016, 15:57)Confused Wrote:
(03-Dec-2016, 10:06)thumb5 Wrote: I am very happy with the upgrade, in all respects -- especially the service provided by Oxford Audio Consultants, to give them a bit of a plug.  However I can understand why anyone whose system was already in danger of sounding a bit "edgy" might find the sound of the Pros pushes it too far in that direction.

An interesting comment!  I have just finished trying my system with and without the UptoneAudio LPS-1 powering the microRendu.  One way I could describe the influence of the LPS-1 is removing 'edginess'.  Not removing detail, far from it, but removing something that is just very slightly disconcerting.  I recall auditioning the 1000 Pro with the Aurender N10 at Oxford audio, this was a superb combination.  I like the Aurender very much, and I would say this is one source component that excels in lacking what you might call 'edginess'.   I am actually beginning to think that one aspect of the Pro is that even more than the Expert, it benefits for a decent source.

Edit: I would also like to add that the service I received from Oxford Audio was also absolutely first class.  It's worth mentioning I think, as there have been one or two posts recently from folk who have received shockingly bad service from their dealers.  Clearly not all dealers are the same.

I have over the years received great service and attention from Oxford audio what a great team they all are led by Jon. I have been buying from them over 20 years now 
I feel that most really good hifi systems benefit from a good source so have put in a separate mains copper spur at a cost £450.00 to my basement to unswitched mains sockets 
Well worth the effort then 
I use chord signature aray mains leads and plugs
Just purchased my new Devialet 220 expert pro it's now well run in after 300 hours constant playing
What a different beast from my old 120. It's sensational
I have tried many different types of source over air app etc but none are as satisfactory as a hard wired connection
So I invested in a aurenderx100 6tb and use a chord Sarum super aray interconnection to the Devialet 
I am sure a few will disagree with me that the Devialet air works well   I'm I disagree to get the full benefit of the Devialet which ever model it benefits from hard wired 
I love my aurender.  Lol 
And all this goes via chord epic reference speaker cables to a mature pair sonus faber cremona auditor m  
I just wish hifi once you start climbing the ladder gets so expensive

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll: Do you like the sound quality of the Expert Pro upgrade? - by chippyguy - 14-Dec-2016, 16:08