Poll: How do you like the sound quality of your Pro (newly upgraded from expert)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
60.47%
78 60.47%
Yes, with caveats
6.20%
8 6.20%
No!
0.78%
1 0.78%
No, with caveats
0.78%
1 0.78%
N/A. I upgraded for reasons other than sound quality.
0.78%
1 0.78%
I did not upgrade and don't plan to
31.01%
40 31.01%
Total 129 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Do you like the sound quality of the Expert Pro upgrade?
I don't want to hijack this thread but yes I am fairly sure I will wait to upgrade , if I even do so at all.

My main issue is that I was determined to stop continually searching for the next improvement. For me the system I have now is one I could only have dreamed of five year ago and for me it is a significant investment. I also think it sounds amazing as it is , I really do. Yes it can be improved no doubt and yes I will inevitably fall into that path I imagine as I can afford it .

However my listening habits have unfortunately had to change so not sure how much benefit I would get. The final part of my jigsaw was the addition of the Olympicas and I am delighted with them, they work so well with the detail of the Devialet. The on,y issue is I live in an apartment. I am on the top floor and for over two year the one below me was empty as it was bought by an investor. I was very unlucky in that Six days after getting the olymoicas a new young family moved in. It is therefore so rare for me to get a proper listening session at a good volume. When I do it's sublime and I guess I appreciate it all the more. I am considering my next upgrade .....and that's a possible move to a detached house somewhere as I really miss playing my music fairly loud. A severe upgrade cost wise. So now over seventy percent of my listening is through my headphones and whilst I have grown to really enjoy this too it's not the same as that room filling sound. I feel I have a very good HP set up , but like I say it's not quite the same

Also I guess I am still not really settled with the Melco as I am missing a decent app, radio and possibly even Tidal. I never thought I would consider streaming as an option but since getting my 200 I spend well over £100 per month on albums and whilst I can afford it ........well do I really need to own all this music. The 200 has massively increased how much I listen to music. I was considering swapping to an Aurender a
few months ago and this is still in my thoughts........I do have a lot of thoughts don't I ?

The streamer board is interesting but I would still need the Melco or some other HD as I sold my NAS when the Melco was purchased.

So yes lots of options to consider and I guess I am very keen to try Tidal although the sound quality I got last time would need to have improved considerably as I found it thin and lacking the full sound of my Melco set up.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll: Do you like the sound quality of the Expert Pro upgrade? - by Womaz - 04-Feb-2017, 14:03