Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Active bass traps
This is not a recommendation, I stumbled across these quite by accident, they might be the best thing ever, they might be rubbish. However, I think the main issue that many of us will have with room interaction is bass nodes, reinforcement peaks boosting bass excessively, which can be fixed with room correction, and also the destructive bass nulls which reduce bass in specific regions, an issue that room correction can do very little to resolve. (unless you have a swarm of subs and room correction, see Mr Rodney Gold's posts on this forum)

Anyway, I spotted this:

https://www.thomann.de/gb/vicoustic_vari...c_389864_8

This would appear to be an adjustable bass trap. I'm guessing that armed with REW software and a spare afternoon you could play around with the adjustability and placement in the room, and perhaps mitigate some of those nasty peaks and nulls. I just like the fact that they are adjustable, which obviously gives you a better chance of mitigating whatever specific issue you have in a particular room / speaker combination. Looking at my own REW curves, I have a mild null at about 120Hz that grows to a peak at about 55Hz, I have no idea how effective the above product would be in smoothing or improving this, claiming as it does to be adjustable between 50 and 100Hz. Worthy of further investigation I think, there may be other similar products about.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
Active bass traps - by thumb5 - 02-Dec-2016, 23:35
Active bass traps - by Filips - 03-Dec-2016, 07:35
Active bass traps - by Filips - 03-Dec-2016, 10:12
RE: Active bass traps - by thumb5 - 03-Dec-2016, 10:13
RE: Active bass traps - by Confused - 03-Dec-2016, 10:38
RE: Active bass traps - by Pim - 03-Dec-2016, 10:40
RE: Active bass traps - by Confused - 03-Dec-2016, 10:48
RE: Active bass traps - by thumb5 - 03-Dec-2016, 10:51