Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stand mount loudspeaker suggestions?
I thought the X1's were good but the C1.1 were better and the D1 even better. To be fair though the X1's were new out of the box where as the others were fully run-in. If the X1's were fully run-in the top would have been less hard but probably would not have obtained the improvements in mid bass and bass information that the others had, I suspect. All three speakers imaged well, were very open, had great attack and had a musicality about them that was very involving.

The difference in price between them is quite considerable, about £5,000 increments roughly. That's hard to justify really. What  you are getting is better x-over components and better mid/bass units. I can't imagine the actual component and manufacturing costs this would involve can actually justify the price hike. After all you could build your own high spec x-over from all Dueland components for example, for a lot less. Something I will probably end up doing anyhow.

After hearing the Raidho's I need to hear the Beonicke's once more. Goldmund are also on the list, but you don't need a Devialet or speaker cables for those.
Boenicke, Mola Mola, Hi Diamond, fidata, Lumin, AQVOX, SteinMusic, Bybee, toetapaudio

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stand mount loudspeaker suggestions? - by Robert - 19-Jan-2016, 19:46