Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW OWNER - 130 PRO - initial setup
Thanks everyone - do have Sonos running on 'fixed line in' controlling volume w/ Devialet remote.

I'm so used to running volume about 9 to 10 o'clock on standard volume dial for solid, by yourself listening volume. -20db is at the 1 o'clock position on the screen dial - which would seem like 'max' volume one should use. Being such a 'newb' to this - think I simply need to adjust that old perception of an old-school physical volume control.

At -20db - I'm at a comfortable listening level - just that it's in the 6 o'clock position on the dial on the Devialet screen.

Just downloaded to Android phone - the Devialet remote. Seems to work well in my setup. A/B 'ing Sonos to Air streaming via Google Music - seems using Air offers better imaging/staging and little better low-end.

Thanks again everyone - really appreciate the help for the newbie. This is very very enjoyable - seems like such effortless music from the 130 - the sonic control for big crescendos is exceptional. And, of course, I'm already curious about the 220, 440, etc...........

PS _ I did do some work on my Apple Airport Extreme last night - seemed to cure some caching issues on the streaming.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEW OWNER - 130 PRO - initial setup - by charliecoyote - 17-Dec-2016, 19:40