Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Hifi Gold Phantom Review: Sound is foggy?
(18-Dec-2016, 12:38)HJFB Wrote: Reading through the review it is hard to know if they had reviewed the Phantom as a single unit. It would have been nice for them to clarify the situation as I would not expect a review of any quality 'stereo' speaker system to demonstrate depth and clarity when listened to as a mono unit.
The fact that they rate the Phantom so highly as a single unit only demonstrates that what it does, it does its thing better than it ought to be able to - please set up a pair and judge them in a more realistic configuration.
If reviewed as a pair, then let us know, as the comments about foggy sound and lack of separation is the opposite of what I found that Phantoms do better than any speaker in anything close to their price range.
There does seem to be a reluctance to consider Phantoms seriously, which is a shame - maybe the looks are too dramatic to be considered true high end for some.

I have been proud owner of a pair of Silver Phantoms for a year and would not hesitate in shouting out to all to at least go listen and judge for yourself.

It looks clear enough to me that it is review of a single unit: (the biggest clue is the article states 'Tested at  £2,160')

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3812
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Hifi Gold Phantom Review: Sound is foggy? - by Confused - 18-Dec-2016, 12:54