Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Silver EQ. (Gold sound)
(06-Jan-2017, 10:59)Johnnydev Wrote:
(06-Jan-2017, 09:53)MountainGuy Wrote: I finally sat down with some other music enthusiasts and we did a thorough run through test of the Gold vs Silver.  No question that it is not just a matter of EQ.  The Gold is simply MUCH better than the silver.  All three of us agree hands down - so much so that if we were to repurchase, we would consider only the gold. .  I can identify them blindfolded.  Gold has better transients, articulation, resolution - you name it.  The only place Silver came out ahead was the perception of more bass - we are not sure if that is so, or whether the more recessed trebles in the silver also gives the sense of more bass.

Do the same test with the silvers again, but then the phantoms connected by Cat7 ethernet cables and the dialog and phantoms on the same powerblok.

In my case it was a very very big difference

And if i compare then with the golds i prefere the silvers

The golds are just like a very luxairy car and the silvers (when connected with ethernet cables) just like a (expensive) sportscar

Say a Rolls royce and a Ferrari

While we did not use ethernet cables, all four were on the same power outlet and under identical position and volume.  The difference was not subtle.

Messages In This Thread
Phantom Silver EQ. (Gold sound) - by nicosocha - 29-Dec-2016, 22:37
RE: Phantom Silver EQ. (Gold sound) - by MountainGuy - 06-Jan-2017, 19:58