Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does direct Ethernet connection improve sound over wireless for you?
I'm currently using cat6 ftp cables and I don't really notice any difference to using plc (which was what spark was reporting). The quality of the wifi, plc or ethernet cables are what give the most effect in terms of sq. As it is I have short way for both plc and wifi, but I wanted to try due to other issues.

I was going to set them up on a separate router (my old dlink dir-855). However, it crashed and started to reboot during setup while the dialog was connected. It was up for around 14 seconds then it rebooted again and again. No idea as to why, it's not the newest piece of hardware but still shuffles 1GB without problem on the lan side.

Going with my DIR-868L and have no issues. Apart from my whole network going through it that is. Will change this when finished with renovations.

As a side note:
Ethernet cables differs in regards to what bw your get out of them. For my incoming internet I have to use cat 6 s/ftp as it doesn't sync to the right speed with just ftp (ie. only syncs to 100Mb instead of 1Gb). Probably have some interference along the wall where the cables goes. So, for those who get worse sound with ethernet cables, check what they sync to, it might be that you only get 100Mb which would of course give you worse sq due to low speed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does direct Ethernet connection improve sound over wireless for you? - by Deezel - 16-Jan-2017, 07:51