Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does direct Ethernet connection improve sound over wireless for you?
(17-Jan-2017, 15:25)Herman Wrote: I’m sure that the connection has influence to the Sound:
@Vivialet: the D1000Pro may sound better via wired LAN because the Wi-Fi board was switched of and there is less distortion introduced to the audio boards inside the D1000.
I found the same behavior on my D440Pro.
@Jhonnydev & timhbf: If the phantoms automatically switch of their Wi-Fi, once connected via cable, this may cause the same effect and may lead to less distortion inside the phantoms
BUT if the ground level of the Router differs from the Phantoms and the Lan ports are not properly isolated there are some current introduced between the units via LAN. The amount of current may even differ by the phase the phantoms and /or the router are connected to the mains. And these compensating currents between the units may have an even bigger but worse effect to the sound then the benefits of the switched of Wi-Fi- connection.

Cheers
Herman

Hi Herman

Thanks for your replay.

I know that before and that's the reason that i use the cat700 where i can have the choice of grounding .
In my case everything is properly connected so that unwanted currents are not possible.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does direct Ethernet connection improve sound over wireless for you? - by Johnnydev - 17-Jan-2017, 17:14