Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
setup of Roon/Air on non-dedicated PC
I've setup Roon and AIR and connected the D220 via ethernet to the router and the sound quality is quite nice.  

BUT:

Its forcing me to select AIR as my speaker output on my non-dedicated PC and I don't want that.  Roon/AIR is to replace a LINN Kazoo server that lives on my office computer, and manages an Akurate DS1 connected to the D220 via coax.  The LINN has been wonderfully dependable and easy to use with its Kinsky interface on PC or iPAD.  I have no complaints using the Akurate but if it can be better with a direct connection to the Devialet then trying it I must. 

My non-dedicated PC lives in the office and the Devialet is in the living room.  The PC also allows me to listen to tunes/watch video's/youtube and stuff locally via a usb served Teac UD 503 pre-amp to Focal Twin6 Be' powered speakers.  Exceptionally good near field system for doing PC stuff.

I am hoping I've simple misunderstood the setup of AIR and I only want it to stream music to the Devialet - not demand I make it a dedicated audio device removing my office audio system from use.  Thats whats happening.  

Do I need to consider a dedicated NAS to serve content to the Devialet via AIR?

confused jim
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roon for life, VPI Aries 3D le/Dynavector XV-1s, 1000 Pro, KEF Blade Two
Okanagan, British Columbia

Messages In This Thread
setup of Roon/Air on non-dedicated PC - by Jim_Anderson - 29-Jan-2017, 22:29